Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Class Canceled

I am pretty sure that having class canceled is the best thing in the world. Not that I don't feel very sorry for my teacher who has a sinus infection....moment of silence out of guilt...but for some reason it just makes my week!

My logic is: one 50 minute class canceled=3 hours of more time in my day to do whatever I want before I have to show up in public for work. I know my logic is flawed. I should probably have used that time to read or do laundry. I did put away Dave's social security card, in my defense. And his TUMS. And I called my Grandma Hopkin.

Yet here I sit on my couch, eating the sack lunch I made for myself last night (because I thought I would be on campus earlier, booyah!) feeling good about the 590 calories that I burned during my run this morning because it means I can eat cookies tonight, and feeling grateful that Dave is at work and not here wondering why his wife is half dressed at 11:00 am.

P.S. I asked him to cut me up an Apple before school last week, and this is what I found:



Yes, that is a chocolate chip in the center. I saved it till the last slice, which I shoved in my face while accidentally spewing bread crumbs from the sandwich that I was also shoving in my face as I ran into the RB for class. I did notice a sweet distinction though. Sometimes I wonder why Dave stays with such a haggard woman.

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny Claire!! Your writing style is so much like your dads, which I always get a kick out of. I'm so happy you and Dave are enjoying married life, isn't it just divine :)

    ReplyDelete