Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog Slackery

Just call me the Bart Simpson of blogging (is he a slacker? I can't think of another archetypal slacker). I really have no excuses, it hasn't been like a horrible week or anything; quite the opposite, actually! Here are the highlights:


On Sunday, Dave and I watched conference, went for a walk in the fresh snow, and ate some delicious mango chicken leftovers. Dave got a call from one of his old roommates, Andy, to see if we wanted to come and play Axis and Allies. This really meant "Dave, do you want to come play a game that resembles the hideous game of risk and your wife can come and pretend she understands this game because you are a package deal". I was ok with that...although I hate games that involve strategy. I decided that I would share the amazing cookies I was planning on making that night, and it was for the best...having a whole batch of cookies for dos people spells disaster.

Here is a look at the dough:



Yes, those are chunks of Twix in the dough. I got the recipe from Lovin' from the Oven one of my new favorite baking blogs. She has mostly deserts...so yeah, I am a believer.

  • 2 cups flour
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups coarsely chopped Twix bars
  1. Preheat oven 325°.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
  4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently stir in the Twix chunks.
  5. Roll the dough into balls and bake on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes.
  6. Allow the cookies to cool for ten minutes before removing them off the baking sheet.
They were pdg ("pretty dang good"...spread it around, it's gonna be huge), which I gauged by the fact that they were devoured within five minutes of entering the guys' apartment.

At game night I re-learned two things:

One boy living with you smells 100x better than six boys living in one apartment...and he is a lot cleaner too. Let's just say we don't have Taco Bell on our floor. (we love you apartment One Fo' Two! :))

Having to flirt is the worst. I am so glad that I never have to do it for new again. We were observing Dave's friends interact with the girls that they had over and it was so weird...do any other married people feel like that? It wasn't very long ago that I had to act cute and laugh really loudly at everything and try to make boys think I was cool. Good thing I got out of that world and now I can just be lame and let myself go!

On Monday I picked what we did for FHE. I told Dave that he has to start making me do sit-ups and push-ups at night, as a way to help me gently move into weight-training. I seriously hate weights and anything other than cardio, which is super typical for runners I have come to find out. It's kinda boring methinks...however, I know it is so important. As a result, I decided that we would use some of our "play instantly" workouts on Netflix to do a little ab workout for FHE! I found out that Dave is really good at dance workouts but he wouldn't let me take pictures :( Being the attention hog that I am, I always let him take pictures of me:


Tyler on Oprah would approve of our wrapping paper blinds and flashlight by the door...safety first is my motto.

We have been having the world's most annoying sporadic weather here in Provo. I really wish that Utah was a little more stable sometimes...maybe it is depressed or something. It was beautiful last week and then this week was horrible and cloudy! We woke up to snow on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday were ok though, and I found that the cute little girl next door to us had drawn this on our front porch (there are actually cute little girls on both sides of us, which only serves to aggravate my baby hunger. I think my loud blender use in the morning probably wakes them up. Sorry girls.):




Mother Nature, won't you please be nice so that these girls can play outside? The other day we heard this tapping on the window and I peeked out and it was the one-year-old girl knocking on our window. Her mom apologized (Like I cared, she was being so cute. I was just freaked out because we happened to be watching a youtube video with laughing babies--a normal occurrence-- when she was tapping and I thought that maybe she understood them...trippy) and said they want to let her crawl in the grass, but it is so wet and gross that she has to stay up on the porch. Free the children!

Dave also made us Gyoza, aka, the Japanese Elixir of Love:



Such an arduous process...good thing I am never in charge of making them. They are the most delish little meat dumplings with all of these seasonings and stuff, wrapped in wonton wrappers and steamed (with a little oil too...oops). I can inhale like 20.

P.S. I want to just update my mileage for this year...312 miles to date! I am so slow though! I really am just going to have to push myself in that category.



1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that I love your blog! Pretty sure I laughed out loud about five times. But only because I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about. Meaning I was laughing with you. You are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete