Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Entertainment

So Dave is in school this summer and I am not. While it is ever so nice to come home after work and not have homework or anything, with Dave studying, I need something to entertain myself with.

Since it is summertime I feel justified that some of my outlets for recreation are not all that, shall we say, elevated in nature. Wasn't "chick lit" like born from the need for something to read on the beach? Everyone reads/watches dumb stuff in the summer, right? (ok who are we kidding I do it all year round). Here are my favorites:


Ok I kind of love the Bachelorette this time around. I know it's all fake, and no one is really in love, and it is unrealistic to pretend that going on a really fancy date to Vegas is going to bring out your true feelings about someone, but I watch anyway. So far, I like Ben and Ryan the best. I kind of feel bad for Josh Groban wine guy and studly personal trainer because they keep getting like no time with her and they never say a word. And BENTLEY! Oh, the drama there. They always have to make the weirdos from Utah...


Ahh! Can anyone not love this show? It makes me happy to hear the theme song and I didn't realize that apparently I always go "shooby dooby doo dance...dance...dance...dance..." along with it every time until Dave started looking at me weird every time it came back from commercial. I like the weird girl from Brigham City and the girl and guy who both had dads die. They were both talented and had a dramatic story, which I am a sucker for. Oh, and I like that little Broadway dancer that Nigel and Mary hated but he was so good!


This book has bad words in it. I will admit it completely and therefore won't give it a highly coveted Claire endorsement  But I love Tina Fey and she is just the funniest...although her little political diatribing kind of got on my nerves toward the end, but all in all this way so entertaining and I read it in like a day and a half. I will admit that if I knew that there was so much language at the beginning, I probably wouldn't have read it though...


Do you know who this woman is? She is the best author of long, dramatic, lovable Irish lit of all time. Her name is Maeve Binchy...typically read by old Irish ladies, my mom, large populator of used bookstore shelves, and one of my favorites. Has anyone else ever read her books? They last you a nice long time because they are so big and I always get really sad when they are over....

Did you know that there is going to be a movie of The Help?!?!?! I am so pumped! I have watched the trailer like five times...although I really hate it in movies when a character is supposed to be kind of homely in the book but in the movie they make them really cute and appealing...a la Hermione. That seems to be what they are doing to Skeeter. Instead of scary hair and a big nose they slapped a cute corkscrew curl on Bryce Dallas Howard. Oh no, she suddenly turned plain! 

I also spray paint things in the grass behind the dumpster of our complex. And I run a lot. So that is kind of what I do after work lately...I have such a riveting life, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment