Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My most hated chore

There are three things you can count on in life: death, taxes, and packing lunches. The nightly chore of getting my food ready for the next day might be my most dreaded thing each night...I don't really know why I hate it so much except it just comes every day! And I have been doing it for, oh, like ten years now and I think it will only get worse when I have kids. This doesn't really make sense because things like laundry and bathroom cleaning seem much more tedious, but I can't explain it....I just hate this job the worst. It's like reinventing the wheel every day and nothing ever sounds good and in order to bring my breakfast, lunch, and snacks (I am like a small child and will die without an afternoon snack and I often eat breakfast on campus too) I have to bring enough food to feed a small army:


Yes that little baggy is my "treat." Purple Skittles and a few dark chocolate Cadburry eggs...that is one element of my food stash that never gets left at home :)

I don't really know why I am whining about this except perhaps someday when my kids don't think I love them, they can read this and look at the lunch I packed them and know of the deep sacrifices I have made for their well-being. 

Oh, and I have learned that if I pack myself more food than I pack Dave (which has happened...I'm not proud) he will find out even if I try to disguise it. So giving him a few stale carrots and giving myself pretzels and peanut butter won't fly. Just a word to the wise if any of you wives try that. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way Claire, I HATE packing lunches, so much so that I wait until the morning to do it then I'm always late to work because of this dreaded chore!

    ReplyDelete