Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Shoddy Re-cap

Hi everyone!

I know that no one reads this anymore except for Dave, and he lived it all with me, but it is for him that I am trying to get back up on the horse after falling of for the last month. See, life kind of exploded and in my attempts to "prioritize" (aka watch more E Network and make wayyy too many batches of pumpkin cookies in between classes, work, homework, church callings, and family events) I decided that the blog would have to wait. But I have missed keeping a little record of things and so I am going to do a superfast catch up with the terrible phone pics that I have of the past month (I still can't find my camera battery. boo).




I decided yesterday that come heck or high water I was GOING to run up the canyon because the fall colors are so pretty right now! One thing that is great about Utah is that fall lasts a little longer than it does in AK (it literally is one week before the leaves get covered in snow) and and I LOVE it. It is so close to being over, though, that I had to take advantage of it even if it meant getting up before seven to squeeze my run in but it was obviously so worth it! It was a moment where I had to say a little prayer of thanks for the beautiful world that we live in.

Dave and I welcomed our newest addition to the Mizukawa family....fridge number 3! Yep, we have killed two fridges in the ten months that we have been married. I have no idea how we could do such a thing but it is pretty great when you wake up and your food is warm and rotting and you have no way of keeping all of your frozen food and leftovers cold. Luckily this time only the fridge and not the freezer broke so we didn't lose the expensive stuff, and Tyler and Kiku came to our rescue again and let us borrow their coolers, so we were fine for a few days until we got a new one. Luckily our landlords (aka my parents) are wonderful and got a new for the apartment one so here is to hoping this one stays!
 
(I was just really intrigued by the perfect curly-q of my cone)

Dave's parents are huge BYU football fans and season ticket holders so we have gotten to see them a lot this fall! I seriously admire their dedication....my own son could be playing football every weekend and I don't think I would drive seven hours total every weekend to watch him play. Ok maybe if he was my favorite son. But they just love those Cougs! Even Dave's cute grandma gets way into the games and watches with a dedication that I could only wish to have. I have realized that to be a part of things in this family I have to amp up my interest in football and generally being competitive, so I am learning as we go. 


One perk of seeing Dave's parents a lot (besides their company, obviously) is that we usually go out with other extended family to eat before or after the games. I have been trying some things that I would not normally try, and have been to two restaurants in a row where they did not even have forks. Let's say my chopstick skills are shoddy for a girl who married Asian. That probably should have been a deal breaker but I stab my way through dinner alright. I usually take about twice as long as everyone else to eat and am still hungry at the end, but I just take the leftovers home and snarf them with my white-trash forks in solitude after everyone leaves. It's like binge-eating with a cultural twist.


And finally....I found time this weekend to be crafty! Ever since discovering Pinterest I just feel sad all the time that I can't be a stay at home mommy and make cute wreaths and baby blankets and inspirational quote board things and all sorts of other wonders (because we all know that moms magically have all this spare time on their hands and no other demands) but I made this little thing yesterday. The blue flower turned out a little wonkier than I had envisioned so it might get replaced this week. I also had one of those cute inspirational printables that everyone is making printed at Maceys and it is, as Dave says "totes adorb.":



So my domestic yearnings have been temporarily silenced. 

Thus far it has been a great fall! I hope everyone else is having a good October too!

2 comments:

  1. Great update! :) I love your blog so don't stop writing (because I know that you write this blog mostly for my entertainment. ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog. :) I like it too!

    ReplyDelete